Our research shows by using Faculty Success, each faculty member saves an average of 2 hours each year on annual reviews through:
- Capturing activities and accomplishments using suggested activity categories that make it easy to enter comprehensive data
- Using pre-formatted reports that clarify guidelines, organization, and format
- Importing information like teaching and grant details from other systems
- Reminders, clear submission forms, and automatically generated reports that create process clarity and transparency
We’ve also discovered that each department saves approximately 2 hours each year by using:
- Report and submission templates that clearly guide faculty on requirements and structure, reducing the amount of time department heads and staff spend answering questions and clarifying expectations
- Standardized outputs that simplify review for department chairs, deans, and the provost
- Annual activity and review data from a central system, allowing department chairs to run comparative reports from the system instead of manually compiling that information
On top of this savings, we estimate that each department chair, dean, and administrative staff member also saves ~10 minutes per faculty review by using Workflow’s digital system to manage communication, track progress, and engage with annual review content.
Promotion & Tenure
Our research tells us that each promotion and tenure candidate using Faculty Success saves approximately 5.5 hours preparing and submitting their portfolio. This savings comes from:
- Having the bulk of activity and accomplishment information in a centralized system
- Predefined institutional reports that define the content, organization, and format for P&T materials (i.e., the dossier), which reduce questions about format specifications and what content to include
- Clarity and transparency around process guidelines and sequence, delivered through prompts and reminders, clear submission forms, automatic reports, and progress-monitoring features
Forms and standard report templates build a clear and consistent format for all candidates’ content, making it easier to reflect on submissions and find answers. Reviewers can also save time by accessing digital materials from any location.
Department chairs, deans, and provost’s office personnel save roughly 30 minutes per P&T case, while committee members save roughly an hour per P&T case. (Note: Our research shows that most institutions have at least two layers of committee review.)
Because Faculty Success streamlines the articulation of requirements and deadlines, centralizes statuses, sends reminders, and ensures the right participants have access at each step, administrative staff save roughly 4.5 hours per case using Faculty Success versus managing the process through spreadsheets and email.