Educators and school administrations face a constant influx of tasks and paperwork, constantly uploading data and researching trends. They need new ways to streamline their processes so they can dedicate their valuable time to other, more productive tasks.
Why Use Technology to Reduce Workload?
Of the various methods you can use to help your faculty reduce their workload, faculty technology is one of the most effective. Technology offers several solutions to help streamline processes, creating lasting results that will benefit your staff for years to come.
The right faculty technology helps educators lighten their workload. While crafting plans, writing reports, and taking attendance are tasks teachers can usually only complete themselves, technology can help them identify trends and cut out repetitive tasks.
On top of eliminating redundant work in teacher workloads, you can also encourage your faculty to pursue other interests. Storing your data in a centralized online location lets them use the time they spent hunting for paperwork for more meaningful tasks. With effective technological support, educators may find they have more time for self-study, creative projects, and educational research that further qualifies them in their field.
Technology in education can:
- Enable efficient learning: Videoconferencing can help instructors engage online students as they would in the classroom. Creating an online assignment or module lets your faculty encourage self-paced learning. Teachers can also set up discussion boards to generate conversations about the material, providing more of a classroom feel and helping students retain the information.
- Track records and plans: When educators assign papers, worksheets, and other assignments, they create a cycle of handing out and receiving documents. Using software to set and record assignments instead can break that cycle. Students have a reference point for guidelines, while instructors can track work submissions and refer to them later without rifling through stacks of documents.
- Eliminate repetitive tasks: Using automated processes reduces time and effort on administrative tasks. Technology lets faculty members automate things like attendance, evaluations, and enrollment, increasing productivity and efficiency while encouraging quicker communication.
- Create flexible environments: Technology for a hybrid educational setting can help higher education institutions develop flexible schedules. With online assignments and communication, classes can meet even when weather conditions or other commitments might make it challenging to meet in person.
- Ease compatibility integration: Your staff likely already uses technology throughout the day, switching between several applications with different logins. Using one cohesive system lets your faculty access most of their software in one location, helping them work more productively.
- Secure information: People who have experienced lost folders or deleted files know the pain of losing information. Your faculty may be spending extra time creating multiple copies or saving data in more than one location to avoid that possibility. Reliable technology that holds all your essential data will reduce the time your staff needs to dedicate to small, redundant tasks.
- Encourage self-studies: When your faculty has the technology to find information quickly and automate repetitive tasks, they have more time to devote to what they find meaningful. They might use that time for self-studies, conducting field research, or crafting creative projects. Your staff will feel more rewarded in their personal and professional lives while building their skill sets.
How to Reduce Faculty Workload With Watermark Faculty Success
Watermark Faculty Success is a unique software that efficiently manages and tracks details. With our program, you can encourage your staff to share qualifications, find actionable solutions, and measure progress. You can tailor data collection and configure reports to identify trends and reflect the perspectives, processes, and categories of your campus.
Additionally, curious website visitors can access faculty profiles with ease. Our software lets you showcase instructor and administrator qualifications and accomplishments to potential students and other likely prospects.
1. Capture Key Data
Our Faculty Success software allows your staff to maintain active profiles, and our data collection will support all of your unique needs for accreditation reporting. You can highlight staff accomplishments, create insightful reviews, and centralize your data so it's easy to access whenever you need it.
You can also:
- Streamline student course evaluations with Watermark Course Evaluations & Surveys.
- Import faculty activity using CVs.
- Input data from grant systems, campus HR, and publication databases to maintain data upkeep.
You can be sure that your data will be easy to find and avoid massive updates that interrupt workflow.
2. Update Web Profiles
With Faculty Success, your web profiles will always hold accurate information that potential students and other prospects can easily access. Your faculty's accomplishments will be proudly on display for anyone looking for them, including students or other instructors. Staff members can use these displays to recognize their achievements and set new goals.
3. Simplify Review Processes
Watermark Faculty Success helps simplify the faculty review process. The software maps process flows, adds branches for conditional rules, defines forms, and establishes guidelines. This organization can assist your administrators in managing reappointment, faculty reviews, tenure processes, and promotions.
You can continue to use the information you've already captured to run predictable, transparent review processes that easily include all necessary personnel. Automated reminders ensure that your faculty will experience a more efficient review process, helping you keep productivity levels high.
4. Find and Record Data
Our custom, out-of-the-box, and self-service reporting options will enable your staff to deliver reports quickly, locate answers, and dive into insights. You and your faculty can use raw, custom, or prebuilt data to analyze, measure, and reflect on current details and trends. You can also find specialized requests such as award and grant applications and conference submissions.
Request a Demo of Faculty Success
Watermark has spent the last 20 years working to provide higher education institutions with high-quality solutions that streamline data and increase productivity. We aim to develop innovative technology that you can trust.
People are at the center of our focus on data and technology — better technology and valuable data help improve student learning experiences. Everything we create is to help you, your staff, and educators increase your efficiency and productivity so you can dedicate your efforts to what really matters.
We want to encourage you to use your data to identify trends in your institutions and fill the gaps your students and staff are experiencing. Our software empowers you to demonstrate and improve student learning, program quality, and institutional effectiveness. Request a demo of Faculty Success and start using innovative technology that reduces your faculty's workload.
About the AuthorMore Content by Watermark Insights